You may want consider the following key aspects to settle an inheritance in Colombia, South America:
– In Colombia, there are two types of inheritance, with a valid will and without it.
– An inheritance can be processed by mutual agreement among the heirs or with dispute.
– There are two ways to process an inheritance in Colombia through the judicial system or public notary. For the last one, all the heirs must to be fully agree with the distribution of the assets.
– The inheritance caused in 2019, with assets over USD$11.000, must be processed with the assistance and representation of a lawyer.
– An effective way to reduce conflicts among heirs is to leave a Last Will. Click here for more information.