– Trademarks. Q&D Abogados knows how to protect your trademark identity and can advise you in choosing a mark that would not cause competitors to question your right to use or register the mark. We are not only successful in obtaining registrations, but once your mark is registered, Q&D Abogados will keep track of all maintenance deadlines and send notifications to you when action must be taken.
A trademark can be anything that helps consumers identify and distinguish the source of goods or services in commerce. Words are common trademarks, as are designs, but color, sound, smell, taste and feel can all be trademarks, as can any combination of those elements. Trademarks are available to individuals as well as business entities, including corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, and sole proprietorships. More about trademarks.
– Patents. We understand that ideas and innovations are at the heart of a company’s future growth and success, and are vital assets that must be identified, nurtured, and protected for their ultimate value to be realized. At Q&D Abogados, we offer affordable patent drafting and filing services to provide that protection.
Our team includes attorneys and engineers that are experienced in different technologies including electrical, electronics, semiconductors, telecommunication, software/hardware, mechanical, and biotechnology. In addition to our team members’ respective expertise in their field of technology, our team is also well versed with the patent laws and procedures of various jurisdictions, such as the U.S. and P.C.T. More about patents.
– Unfair competition. Unfair competition is any activity that unfairly utilizes the intellectual property of another, or unfairly prevents the owner of intellectual property from developing and profiting from that property. Examples include trademark infringement, patent infringement, plagiarism, and industrial espionage.
Unfair competition is the taking unfair advantage of a competitor in business. This can be through infringement of registered or unregistered intellectual property, misappropriation of trade secrets, or other means of unfairly “getting ahead.” More about unfair competition.
– Copyright. The attorneys at Q&D Abogados are particularly skilled in obtaining copyrights for computer programs, including computer software, web page designs, and screen displays, as well as submitting revisions to previously published materials. Additionally, the attorneys have prepared extensive copyright licensing contracts and can tailor a contract to your particular needs. A registered copyright evidences the date of creation and places others on notice as to your rights to the creation. A copyright filed today will last the creator’s lifetime plus 70 years, of if a “work for hire,” the copyright lasts 95 years from publication or 120 years from creation, whichever is shorter. More about copyright.
– Litigation. Q&D Abogados advises clients on how to avoid litigation before an issue arises. We will advise you of those rights, your chances of winning or losing and the possible costs involved while always taking into account your particular goals. Please do not hesitate to ask about any issue.